Tuesday, November 18, 2014

A Few of Our Favorite Things

No, I did NOT get a "before"
I know...I'm really terrible about that

close your eyes and visualize very light golden pine...
yep, you've got it. 
Not pretty.

Nothing, of course, that a little paint won't fix!

I call this my FAVORITE THINGS dresser
because I used some of my favorite products to complete it


 I've really come to embrace these dramatic triple mirrors...
they really make a huge statement!
(also, that little sign sums up my life...
it's not perfect, but my hair sure is!)


This is a much better representation of the true color
I used Luxe Grey from Amy Howard at Home's One Step Paint line for the base
(and on the hardware)


The hardware simply received two coats of OSP, wax, and Dust of Ages
Our wax of choice is Carnauba Wax from Real Milk Paint Co


I wanted the body of the dresser to be a bit more dramatic
(not as soft as the hardware)
so I used a custom blend of General Finishes Glazes


I'm crazy about how the glaze settled into the oak, highlighting the grain and the wear marks
(I know they are fabricated to mimic age, but who cares...they looks amazing!)

Here's a run-down of a few of my FAVORITE THINGS:

What are your favorite, "go to" products?

M~

No comments:

Post a Comment