Saturday, December 6, 2014

Table for Ten

I love to buy dining sets.
I do not love to paint dining sets.

It's no secret my favorite French Provincial manufacturer
is White Fine Furniture

This set...yeah, it's made by White
Oh happy day!

Sort of makes me hate painting chairs 
and stripping tabletops a LITTLE less


 The table comes with a pair of leaves, and is able to seat 10



That gorgeous stain?
None other than Gel Stain from General Finishes
(available locally at Marcotte's, right next door to 607!)
I sealed the stain with General Finishes Salad Bowl Finish
(food safe)


The chairs had horrible blue fabric...
I'm not a great upholsterer, so I painted both sides of the back
In Amy Howard at Home's One Step Paint in Linen
and only recovered the seats


The upholstery tacks give it a more finished look, I think


and seriously...how much do you LOVE this fabric?
I have LOTS of it left...looking forward to using it again

You can see this gorgeous table at 607 Vintage Marketplace

M~

No comments:

Post a Comment