Saturday, January 24, 2015

Before & After French Provincial Buffet and Hutch

Remember these guys?



 They are solid wood but "eh" 
sort of orange in color

My vision?

Creamy white with a grey wash

The orange, however, did NOT want to leave...
it bled through...and bled through...and bled through

It bled through FOUR coats of primer
on the china cabinet...
FOUR!

I know when I'm beat...

Buh-bye dreams of white...

Hello, AHaH's Graphite!



Not to be confused with ASCP's Graphite color...
this version of Graphite is much more brown than grey
a perfectly lovely greige!

I used a creamy white glaze to knock back the brown a bit
and I'm thrilled with the outcome

Light distressing shows off the white beneath

I kept the interior white, but glazed it to disguise any bleed through issues

The buffet, thankfully, had minimal bleed through issues...
and I was able to go with the creamy white

I opted for a warm antique glaze instead of grey
so it would coordinate nicely with the china hutch




I've had these mirrors for awhile...the dresser they went with sold right away,
before I had time to complete the mirrors


Wouldn't this buffet be fabulous re-purposed as a double sink with the mirrors over each side?  
Or what about a changing table...

Love that there are so many options!

No comments:

Post a Comment